Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nail Head




A 34 year old male came to the ER stating he had a nail in his head and that he needed taken out. He was a little swollen and red above his right eye. A summary of our exchange is as follows:

ER Doc: "Why do you think you have a nail in your head."

Him: "Well....I was working on my roof a week ago and the nail gun misfired and my head hurt afterwards."

ER Doc: "A week ago...surely you would have known sooner than a week later that you have a nail in your head. Are you in any pain now?"

Him: "No just feel like I have something stuck above my right eye."

ER Doc: "Well we can do a CT scan to find out."

Him: "I know its there Doc. I didn't think so but my wife kept saying it was. So she put a magnet to my forehead and it stuck there. See! "

He then pulled a magnet out and sure enough it stuck! The above pic is his actual radiograph. It was lodged just touching his frontal lobe. Neursurgery took him to the OR the next day.

-ER Doc

11 comments:

08armydoc said...

A week. I love it.

ShrinkingDoc said...

OK. THEY DEBATED THIS FOR A WEEK!! before he decided to get it checked out?

Did the wife say if he was normal before the nail into the frontal lobe?

Husbands--another example of why you should listen to your wives.

The Bus Driver said...

i'm still giggling about the magnet..

thats a true redneck moment.. hey ya;ll watch this!!!

Anonymous said...

The magnet idea was the best. They spent enough time thinking about it to come up with a hypothesis-tester technique.

yay said...

A magnet is a hell of a lot cheaper than a CT scan too!

Luna said...

You got to remember he was being stubborn...the magnet was something he could understand. LOL

Mr. Brain said...

Neurosurgery??? you should have sent him for an MRI and watch that thing fly out, cheaper too. I wonder if HMO will offer this later as a cheaper alternative to surgery.

Me said...

If I believed in Hell I'd be sure I'm going straight there:

"Hahahhahahahhahahah!"

If not for the comedic element, I'd be utterly sure the plebs were utterly useless!

LivingDeadNurse said...

a week? what is wrong with these people?lol its sad that the wife had to convince him with a magnet...lol funny anyway

girlvet said...

amazing...

Anonymous said...

That sounds like someone I know.